~ Left Behind / Born Slippy ~
The Illicits are leaders of the next generation. The four-piece band from Blackburn, newly-signed by Alan McGee to his Creation 23, are the vital, essential guitar band the UK music scene has been waiting for, creating what Alan McGee has described as “terrace punk”.
With their blistering live shows, The Illicits are bringing people together, speaking to their peers in the north and documenting life in the post-industrial northern towns and cities. The band’s euphoric take on punk rock is instilling confidence and swagger into the northern music scene, and increasingly resonating with kids up and down the country as word spreads.
‘Left Behind’ features Sex Pistols legend Steve Jones on guitar, and is an urgent, anthemic slice of punk rock. Steve recorded his part at Atticus Ross’ (Nine Inch Nails) studio in LA. The cover of the Underworld classic ‘Born Slippy’ has become a firm fan favourite at live shows, with the band encoring with the 90s classic.
The Illicits became the first band ever to appear on Soccer AM without releasing any music when they performed live on the show earlier this year. This latest AA side release follows the vinyl-only release of debut single ‘In What World’. The record sold-out on pre-sales alone, entering the vinyl charts at Number 4 on release. To date the band have focused on physical releases only, avoiding streaming as they’ve built their reputation on word of mouth.
The Illicits have already supported The Zutons and Miles Kane, and next up head out on tour with Liam Gallagher, the same week as ‘left Behind’ / ‘Born Slippy’ is released. In December they head to Scotland to support Primal Scream before wrapping up the year with what will be an immense night, a homecoming gig at St George’s Hall in Blackburn on 21st December.
All live dates below:
- Sat 16th Nov – O2 Institute, Birmingham w/ Ivory Wave
- Mon 18th Nov – FlyDSA Arena, Sheffield w/ Liam Gallagher
- Weds 20th Nov – Manchester Arena w/ Liam Gallagher
- Thurs 21st Nov – M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool w/ Liam Gallagher
- Fri 13TH Dec – The Ironworks, Inverness w/ Primal Scream
- Sat 14th Dec – Aberdeen Music Hall w/ Primal Scream
- Sun 15th Dec – Perth Concert Hall w/ Primal Scream
- Tues 17th Dec – Barrowlands, Glasgow w/ Primal Scream
- Weds 18th Dec – Barrowlands, Glasgow w/ Primal Scream
- Sat 21st Dec – St George’s Hall, Blackburn – Headline show
Liam Gallagher Boxset – T-Shirt, Hat, Print, Gift box and Wrap – Order Here: https://tinyurl.com/txd8ycn
I don’t charge any publishing fees and self-fund all aspect of The Indie Masterplan. Any donation will be massively appreciated and will go back into the running of the website. Thank You.