••• On Sunset •••
Paul Weller releases his gorgeous new song ‘Village’ on May 7th. ‘Village’ is the second new track to be debuted from his hotly anticipated new album On Sunset, which released on June 19th (Polydor Records).
Pre-order ‘On Sunset’ here: https://amzn.to/3dpRzbg
‘Village’ is a dreamy and beautiful meditation sung from the decidedly un-rock’n’roll perspective of a man who is entirely happy with his state in life.
“It’s a response to being told that we’ve all got to explore the Amazon and climb Everest to make our lives complete,” says Weller.
“And there’s a guy who says, fuck all that, I’ve got heaven around me.”.
‘Village’ was written by Weller and his long-time producer Jan ‘Stan’ Kybert. The track features Paul’s old Style Council mucker Mick Talbot on keyboards.
Paul began working on the forthcoming new album On Sunset very soon after finishing 2018’s masterpiece ‘True Meanings’. ‘On Sunset’ features ten classic yet modern Paul Weller songs including masterly pop classics, heart-tugging ballads and occasional touches of experimentalism. It’s an album that sees Weller taking a rare glance into the rear-view mirror as he speeds into the 2020s.
Written and recorded at Black Barn Studios in Surrey, ‘On Sunset’ was produced by Jan “Stan” Kybert and Paul himself with help from Charles Rees. String arrangements by Hannah Peel.
As well as digitally, the album is released on CD , Deluxe CD (includes extra tracks), double gatefold vinyl, coloured vinyl and cassette.
Paul will be heading off on tour in the Autumn. Dates are:
- SUN – 25th Oct – BELFAST ULSTER HALL
- MON – 26th Oct – DUBLIN OLYMPIA
- TUE – 27th Oct – DUBLIN OLYMPIA
- THU – 29th Oct – PLYMOUTH PAVILION
- FRI – 30th Oct – SOUTHAMPTON GUILDHALL
- SAT – 31st Oct – BRIGHTON CENTRE
- MON 2nd Nov – HULL BONUS ARENA
- TUES 3rd Nov – YORK BARBICAN
- THU 5th Nov – LEICESTER DE MONTFORT HALL
- FRI 6th Nov – LEICESTER DE MONTFORT HALL
- SAT 7th Nov – BLACKBURN KING GEORGE’S HALL
- MON 9th Nov – CARLISLE SANDS CENTRE
- TUES 10th Nov – MANCHESTER APOLLO
- THU 12th Nov – DUNDEE CAIRD HALL
- FRI 13th Nov – NEWCASTLE CITY HALL
- SAT 14tb Nov – NEWCASTLE CITY HALL
- MON 16th Nov – EDINBURGH USHER HALL
- TUES 17th Nov – BRADFORD ST GEORGE’S HALL
- THU 19th Nov – LONDON BRIXTON ACADEMY
- FRI 20th Nov – O2 KENTISH TOWN FORUM
- SAT 21st Nov – O2 KENTISH TOWN FORUM
I don’t charge any publishing fees and self-fund all aspect of The Indie Masterplan & Humber-Lincs Masterplan. Any donation will be massively appreciated and will go back into the running of the websites.