~ Matador ~
Rounding off a breakthrough year Red Rum Club will return for a string of UK live dates this Autumn.
Releasing their magnificent debut album ‘Matador’ to critical acclaim and enchanting the crowds of the UK at bigger and bigger venues – Liverpool six piece Red Rum Club have had a landmark 12 months.
‘Matador’ was recorded at the infamous Parr Street Studios in Liverpool, with added production assistance from Chris Taylor. With lyrics taut with all the grittiness of a high-noon drama and soundscapes bristling with the arid atmosphere of a cactus-studded panorama, Red Rum Club’s debut album ‘Matador’ invites the listener into a world of Spaghetti Western Rock’N’Roll. Packed with swashbuckling song narratives, gripping guitar lines and the trumpeting trademarks worthy of Tarantino’s finest film scores, ‘Matador’ lassoes the listener with 10 potently original tracks gleaming with widescreen ambition. From its Bandito blues to its Alamo allegro, the intrepid originality and knowing sense of adventure of this sextet’s outlaw oeuvre went down a storm with press and public alike.
Releasing their debut album worldwide at the beginning of the year via the Modern Sky UK label (The Blinders / The Slow Readers Club), the record was hailed as an ‘ambitious debut from the Liverpool six-piece’ (4/5) by MOJO and “a fresh, rumbustious and exciting sound’ (4/5) by The Daily Express. With cavaliering thrills’n’spills in abundance, a string of high octane singles also saw the sextet take the airwaves by storm with nationwide radio play from BBC 6 Music (Chris Hawkins, Tom Robinson), BBC Radio 1, BBC Radio Wales (Janice Long) and Radio X (Ross Buchanan, Gordon Smart, John Kennedy); with the band also personally invited in to BBC 6Music by Steve Lamacq for an exclusive live session.
Winning over countless fans with tent-tipping sets at the likes of Glastonbury (including one Huw Stephens of Radio 1 who was so impressed he spontaneously donned a leather jacket and temporarily joined the band), Y-Not, Truck Fest, Sound City and Isle Of Wight Festivals, the band also embarked on a UK tour of packed-out venues throughout the Autumn, which included a momentous SOLD OUT show at the capacious O2 Academy in Liverpool.
Certification of their hard-earned dues, Red Rum Club were also awarded the prestigious Pirate Prodigies UK industry prize for ‘Best Emerging Band’ of 2018.
RED RUM CLUB – AUTUMN 2019 DATES
- Saturday 31st August – Skeleton Coast Wirral
- Sunday September 1st – Wilkestock Festival Hertfordshire
- Saturday 7th September – Confessional Festival Blackburn
- Thursday 26th September – Sheffield O2
- Friday 27th September – The Ferret Preston (UCLAN CAMPUS)
- Saturday 28th September – Liverpool – 02 Academy
- (+ AFTER-SHOW PARTY JIMMY’S NEW VENUE LIVERPOOL)
- Sunday 29th September – Birmingham O2 Academy
- Tuesday 1st Oct – Cardiff – Clwb ifor Bach
- Wednesday 2nd Oct – London – The Lexington
- Thursday 3rd Oct – Nottingham – Beta, Rock City
- Friday 4th Oct – Northampton – The Black Prince
- Sunday 6th Oct – Oxford – O2 Academy 2
- Monday 7th Oct – Norwich – Waterfront
- Tuesday 8th Oct – Hull – Adelphi
- Wednesday 9th Oct – Aberdeen – Cafe Drummonds
- Thursday 10th Oct – Glasgow – The 13th Note
- Saturday 12th Oct – TWISTERELLA Festival Middlesborough 2.00pm
- Saturday 12th Oct – NEIGHBOURHOOD Festival Manchester (evening)
Tickets On Sale Now: